If you’re looking for a quick, efficient and low cost temporary anchoring point for pipline initiation, SPT’s Offshore pumps and suction piles are the solution
Benefits of SPT Offshore Suction Pumps and Suction Piles
- Suction pile installation with SPT Offshore pumps can be done within 30 minutes.
High capacity suction pumps, reducing the critical installation time up to a factor of 5 compared to traditional installation methods.
- The SAPS-003 pump has an integrated lifting and upending frame.
- No venting required, thus reducing fabrication costs of the suction pile.
- XY inclinometers integrated in the suction pump spread.
- Engineering and installation by one party, hence SPT Offshore takes over installation and in-situ responsibility.
Transportation and installation
- Several suction piles with capacities up to 275 mT readily available for rental.
- Suction pile installation ot a maximum of 3,000m water depth.
- Suction pump lift capacity up to 200 mT.
- Lift suction pump on suction pile and lock using remotely operated hydraulic pins.
- Open suction pump vent valve.
- Upend suction pile using SAPS-003 upend frame if required.
- Lift suction pump using SAPS-003 lift frame and lower to seabed.
- Position and orientate suction pile using ROV.
- Lower suction pile to self weight penetration and close vent valve.
- Suction operation with ROV to target penetration.
- Unlock suction pump with ROV hotstab and remove suction pump.