Location: Aberdeen Offshore Wind Farm, Schotland
Year executed: 2016
Aberdeen Offshore Wind Farm Ltd., a subsidiary of Vattenfall AB, developed the Aberdeen Offshore Wind Farm (AOWF), also known as European Offshore Wind Deployment Centre (EOWDC). The wind farm is located approximately 2.4km off the coastline of Aberdeenshire at Blackdog, on the North-East coast of Scotland. The water depth across the site is between 19m and 32m below LAT.
SPT Offshore executed a suction bucket test program for the Aberdeen Offshore Wind Farm project.
Phase 1: small scale bucket tests
- Convert SPT’s start-up pile into a Small Scale Bucket (SSB)
- Add pressure sensors along the SSB shaft and water injection system at the pile tip
- Perform suction installation and retrieval tests on seven (7) WTG locations
- Analyze results to feed into suction bucket jacket foundation design
Phase 2: full scale bucket tests
- Design and fabricate a full scale bucket (FSB) similar to the intended WTG foundations
- Add pressure sensors along the FSB shaft and waterinjection system at the pile tip
- Perform suction installation and retrieval tests on eight (8) WTG locations
- Analyze results to de-risk the suction bucket jacket foundation installation