The SAPS-003 suction pump is powered by the hydraulic flow of a ROV or of a hydraulic hose from the vessel’s deck, pending on the water depth.
Features of the SAPS-003
- 100% redundant first pump up to 250 m3/hr flow & second pump 50 m3/hr.
- Max. differential pressure up to 7 bar.
- 30″ connection.
- Measuring of differential pressure.
- Measuring of X&Y inclination by bullseye.
- Measuring of internal soil plug.
- Hydraulically operated by ROV through hotstabs, no separate umbilical.
- Two 20″ vent valves, so no need for additional vent vales on the pile.
- Remotely operated lifting tool up to 140 mT.
- Maximum waterdepth 3,000m.
- Optional heading control by a gyro.
Applications of the SAPS-003
Installing single suction piles for:
- Pipelay startup.
- Temporary and permanent moorings.
- Installing Suction Embedded Anchors (SEA).
Benefits of the SAPS-003 compared to traditional suction pumps
- High flow vs pressure up to 300 m3/hr and 6.5 bar, assuring swift installation.
- Pump is docked onto suction pile above water, hence no risks of subsea connection failure.
- SAPS-003 has an integrated lift and upending system, which minimizes handling and thus vessel duration.
- Venting through vent valve in suction pump, saving vent valves on suction piles and subsea closing of the vent valves.
- Instrumentation on pump, saving bulls-eyes and transponder holder on suction piles.